Our In-House Behavior Consultant
Emily has been a certified veterinary technician since 2004 and is the pet behavior consultant at Oakview Veterinary Medical Center in Plover, Wisconsin. She has always had a special interest in animal behavior and how interactions between pets and their families can be enhanced.
Since 2011, she has been a
member of The Society of Veterinary Behavior Technicians.
One of Emily’s goals is to incorporate the use of low-stress handling techniques and other means to keep pets comfortable and calm at the veterinary clinic. Far too often, we see animals who are fearful and anxious when they come in. It is her goal to tailor each individual pet’s visit to be as low stress as possible by using special handling techniques, pheromone therapy, counter conditioning, and positive reinforcement methods.
Emily attends continuing
education seminars on behavior and comes back to teach the rest of the clinic
what she has learned.
Behavior Consultation Resources
Emily is available for in-person, phone, and telemedicine (Airvet) consultations.
Go to our links page, which includes behavior links.
Download the behavior history form which Emily will need to be completed before a consultation.
- Dr. Sophia Yin was a veterinarian and acclaimed behaviorist. Her website has great videos and an explanation of her philosophy.
- Dumb Friends League has many articles on various behavior problems.
- Good Bird, Inc has excellent articles for behavior problems in companion birds.
- Clicker training can be you and your pet’s best friend!
- Patricia McConnell is a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist whose site is full of useful articles.
- Indoor Cat Initiatives is a very useful site by Ohio State University Vet School. Full of information for keeping our cat’s safe and happy indoors.
- Fear Free Happy Homes delivers cutting edge content and education to help your pets live their happiest, healthiest, fullest lives at home, the vet, the trainer, and everywhere in between.
Pet Behavior Consultations Near You
Visit Oakview Veterinary Medical Center In Plover, Wisconsin for more information on our animal behavior services. Fill out our contact form or give our hospital a call at 717-344-6311 to schedule an appointment.